Pedro Goncalves
Pedro Goncalves,
Experience:  Licensed Master/Hybrid Technician at Mendes Motors

I just went out to check my 2008 Prius because I forgot to

Customer Question

Hi I just went out to check my 2008 Prius because I forgot to lock it and noticed that a red light in the shape of a car was blinking. What does that mean?
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: It does not stay steady. It is on the right side of the steering wheel. It does not have an exclamation point in the middle of the car.
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything. It just came on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had a yellow blinking light on with an exclamation point before this. I was told by a Prius specialist that it was pressure in the tires, so I had them recalibrated to 35 but the light stayed on. So I need to take the car in to have the tire pressure system recalibrated. I feel terrible that I didn't do that immediately, and now the red light shaped as a car is blinking, and I am really scared I have done something terrible to the car.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pedro Goncalves replied 1 month ago.

That simply means that the immobilizer or safety of the car is active. It turns on and starts blinking as soon as you lock your vehicle.

Completely normal.

I hope I helped. Thank you

Don't to forget to rate a positive review in order to close the question.

Thank you once again

Hi,Just wondering if I answered your question. Is there anything else I could do for you? I still have the question open.