Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

My daughters normal headlights wont come on. she has a 2012

Customer Question

My daughters normal headlights wont come on. she has a 2012 Corolla. High beam works,indicators, brake lights all work. she doesn't have her manual in the car with her.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: She is not sure where the fuses are. I told her they would be under the bonnet but she has no light where she is, although she is in a suburb.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Im at home and she is about about an hour or so away. She only has to travel about 15 min to get to her home. I dont know what she has tried except for wriggling things around to know they are secure and plugged in ok
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: If i can let her know where the fuse box is. Also does the normal beam and the high beam work on the same fuse or different fuses
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So I am looking up the information right now. But if I remember right the high and low use the same fuse on that one. Most likely both low beams are burnt. Usually one goes and people don't always notice. Then the second goes and it looks like both went at the same time.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Ok so I was wrong. There are seperate fuses for low and high on ea side. So 4 fuses altogether. 2 for right hand- both low and high and same on left. The fuses are under the hood. # 43 & 44 are the low beam. If she lost both tho the problem is most likely the bulbs.
Let me know if you require more help
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.
If I have been helpful, please rate my advice positively, it's the only way I get compensated. And it doesn't cost you anything more to do so.Thanks