Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

99 Land Cruiser...rear a/c was working nicely and very cold;

Customer Question

99 Land Cruiser...rear a/c was working nicely and very cold; and all of a sudden it's luke warm. I looked through the sight glass and see yellow bubbles. I also came across a thread that 97-2006 cruisers had a rear a/c problem where moisture accumulates in a "bend" and that will cause corrosion and pinholes. I can see the rear a/c line but do not see any corrosion or wet/dark spots. I also noticed in the last few months the rear a/c panel control (being on auto) would cut off and on, very quickly. Almost as if it was shorting out...any thoughts and I would appreciate it!!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

first what are the freon level on the low side and high side lines, can you hook up ac gauges and tell me ?

the rear panel going off on auto , if the system is low on freon , it will do that .

we need to see 100 psi on low, not running ?

and 30 to 50 on low with it running ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
30 August 2016 05:10
Chad Farhat Chad Farhat
Toyota Mechanicfirst what are the freon level on the low side and high side lines, can you hook up ac gauges and tell me ? I don't have gauges.the rear panel going off on auto , if the system is low on freon , it will do that . Ok!we need to see 100 psi on low, not running ? I have a toyota mechanic I've used before and he has all the gauges, etc. I will have get the readings from him and then forward to you. I've never had a leak so far; it has 278K on it. I use the a/c all the time. I suspect there is a leak somewhere...and 30 to 50 on low with it running ?

if you rev it up while running ,how low does the low side goes from 30 does it go down to 10 ?

yes do that and let me know please

I m online daily from 10 till 11 pm,

just reply back here when ready and we can continue

Chad

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will text back tomorrow with readings. Thank you!

you welcome

ok sounds good , we will talk tomorrow

Chad