Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota Sienna - 2006 - ABS and Brake light on after flushing

Customer Question

Toyota Sienna - 2006 - ABS and Brake light on after flushing the fluid through main reservior and no bleeding done on each wheel. What could cause that? We took it to Toyota Dealership and told that fault is in actuator assembly and cost to replace is $3200 as part alone cost about $2900....ouch!! we are not convinced with that diagnostic and it is rare that it will go out......
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we are thinking it might be air got into ABS and causing that ABS + Brake light to be intermittently on (but mostly on)....
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello Shawn, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

The ABS and break light come on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the system will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to help you we are going to need to know the fault code and or codes. If you can get the system scanned and post back with the fault code and or codes I can advise you from there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We consulted with dealership and another mechanic and both pointed that code is related to actuator.....Dealership never gave code but we may can ask mechanic.....
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Can you contact them and see if you can get the fault code so I can check this for you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ron, we will contact them and ask for that information. We may have to take the Van back to them to give us that.....can we also get the code from Autozone/Advanced Auto?
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

In most cases a code reader that Auto Zone uses will not usually retrieve ABS codes. Your dealer should have them listed in the repair documents .