Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

I have a 1995 toyota avalon the rear passenger door, will

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1995 toyota avalon the rear passenger door, will not open from the inside or outside any suggestion? thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Most likely the little plastic clip that holds the release rod to the latch has either come off or broke. mOST LIKELY YOUR SYSTEM USES CABLES INSTEAD OF RODS SO WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED THERE IS EITHER THE CABLE END CAME OUT OF ITS HOLDER OR THE END OF THE HANDLE BROKE. Dose the unlock lever move to the unlock position/? YOU MAY HAVE TO REMOVE THE GARISH AROUND THE INNER HANDLE TO TRY AND GET AT THE CABLE ENDS YO PULL THEM AND TRY TO RELEASE THE LATCH THAT WAY.HERE ARE SOME PICS THAT MAY HELP YOU . One shows the rod type and next is the cable type. also how to remove the garish over the handle. hope this helps you . if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.