Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

I am working on a 93 Camry with no codes. Car starts right

Customer Question

I am working on a 93 Camry with no codes. Car starts right up and runs, but after it gets hot it runs horrible and wants to stall under load... Changed the fuel filter, cleaned the injectors, temperature sensor... I can only guess that it is a clogged Catalytic. Does this sound like something has seen ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. That could be the fuel pump.

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.