scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

When I turn on my Prius it immediately sounds like metal

Customer Question

When I turn on my Prius it immediately sounds like metal ratting and I turn the wheels it's grinding. But after five min driving the noise stops
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Toyota Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?
Customer: Yes. It's really not only when I turn wheel. It's mainly when I keep it Idle
JA: What year is your Prius?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No nothing no time to go to mechanic till tues. but I hope I can still drive with it till then
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I start by asking a few questions so I can better understand the problem?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Are there any warning lights on?

Does it only do this metal rattling on the first start of the day, or does it do it every time you start the car, as in multiple times a day if you were to start it multiple times?

Have you checked the oil level?

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance with this? If I have answered your question please be so kind as to accept my answer and rate the level of service provided. If you have any follow up questions I'd be more than happy to help. Thank you for using Just Answer.