Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2007 Highlander making louder than normal engine noise upon

Customer Question

2007 Highlander making louder than normal engine noise upon acceleration. What process do I do to illuminate the probable causes. Jennifer
Category: Toyota
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. I cant hear, smell, see or feel any issues you are having so keep that in mind. thanks. what kind of noise are you hearing? grinding? rattling? whining? knocking?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
High rpms. Normal sound but louder

ok, then its very possible that you have a vacuum leak some where. you can visually look and feel all vacuum hoses/lines to see 1. if one came off 2. if one is broken 3. if one has a hole in it. Another thing you can do is with the engine running take a can of throttle body cleaner and spray it around all vacuum fittings and connections, the base of the intake, around the throttle body etc... if you hear a change in rpms at any time, you have found your leak

Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

just checking in to see if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Just wondering if you require further assistance.