Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

The horns on my 2013 highlander sound similar to model a

Customer Question

The horns on my 2013 highlander sound similar to model a ford or cars from that era. Is this normal? Thank you for any help. Bob
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I felt the horns while my wife pressed the horn area on the wheel, they both vibrated. My dealer said this sound was typical. But other people laughed when they heard the horn sound.
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: I bought this in March 2016 as a certified vehicle. Less than 30 k miles on it. I've only driven it another 3k since than.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think there is any other info I can add. I do know that on another vehicle I owned, there was only the low side horn installed on it and it sounded like this until I added the high side horn.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

If water went in the horn it will sound weird & low pitch , but i agree that horn on the 2013 highlander sounds funny and low pitch new .

I just happened i had customer complain about the same is issue you having , I end up getting him another high pitch horn

I m wondering if you have an issue with it or the sound it is making you are just not used to it.

You can post a video on you tube and send me the link and let me hear it .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat