Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I have replaced Camry 2013 OBD Fuse, since then check engine

Customer Question

I have replaced Camry 2013 OBD Fuse , since then check engine light Blinks and it shows a Trouble Code P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor. How can I fix it.?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried to replace the HUD for my Camry 2013 which wasn't working, so I just cut all the five wires of HUD and removed it the same day I changed OBD Fuse.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Assuming that the addition of the HUD did not damage the engine control computer, the P0500 code indicates a problem with the transmission speed sensor for mileage. This sensor is located on top of the transmission. More often than not, a P0500 code indicates a faulty speed sensor. In this case, since you have attempted to splice wires, you may have a faulty instrument cluster/speedometer unit that is bad, a faulty wire connection to the cluster, or a combination of all three. If you replace the speed sensor and this does not cure the problem, you either have a faulty cluster, bad wires or a fried engine control computer (the computer sends the speed sensor information to the speedometer).

note that the HUD needs to be present in the system for everything to work properly.