Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2008 Toyota Corolla DErivibg Perfect for months Notice Going

Customer Question

2008 Toyota Corolla DErivibg Perfect for months Notice Going around big Curves Loses Power accelerate and RPMs but No Power.....So still driving every Day and one day I'm turning into Mall and auto stalls Try to Staert several Times Cranks 3 or 4 times but will not turn over. Into Café and wait 45 Min and come out and Have to pump gas several Times But iot starts Now sitting in my driveway will start if crank several times but I will not drive the car
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Power loss is few and far between will happen 2 times per day ifr I drive auto long enough aand go around certain curves
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was going to mention.... I went to mechanic and he changed only the plugs....s I driving Home that evening I stopped into a store and came out and that's when the slow start started again Crank several times pump gas pedal and finally start.... The next day out for 5-10 miles and it died... Left over night Came back next morning and crank pump gas several times and it started (drove home). This is whyn it is sitting i9n my driveway now
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Ok the car driving wel except for the power losses. Yet, still drives for weeks and weeks and weeks. Power loss around curves still there but it drivbes. So, Change only p-lugs now the car will not drive ???
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 2 months ago.

Thanks or posting, the car is not drivable at all now is this correct? While driving it before did you notice if the check engine light was turning on?