scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

2012 Toyota Venza 4 cyl. Factory alarm with 4 button key

Customer Question

2012 Toyota Venza 4 cyl. Factory alarm with 4 button key fob: lock, unlock, trunk, panic.
Question: When I lock/unlock the car with the key fob, the alarms goes off. I've had to resort to manually locking/unlocking door, which does arm/disarm the alarm. I know there's issues with the hood latch but my alarm doesn't sound sporadically. It's triggered when I click the buttons on my key fob. Will resetting resolve this problem? What is the correct proceedure (eg. Turn on, to run off 5x, with door open, etc.) Thank you in advance.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I start by asking some questions so I can better understand the situation?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

If you sit in the drivers seat with the door open do you have a door open indicator on the dash? Also when you have the door open is the dome light on?

When you close all doors (while sitting in car) does the door light and dome light go out?

Do you have another remote to try, so we can confirm the issue lies with the car?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All other parts are in fine working condition. I have not tried my other remote control and will have to locate it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can we continue this diagnosis tomorrow?

Absolutely.....Ill be on here and checking questions throughout the day tomorrow from 6AM EST- 10PM EST

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ty

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance with this? If I have answered your question please be so kind as to accept my answer and rate the level of service provided. If you have any follow up questions I'd be more than happy to help. Thank you for using Just Answer

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance with this? If I have answered your question please be so kind as to accept my answer and rate the level of service provided. If you have any follow up questions I'd be more than happy to help. Thank you for using Just Answer.