Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Not always but sometimes the cruise control seems to forget

Customer Question

Not always but sometimes the cruise control seems to forget where it was set. When I have hit the brakes and slowed down for whatever reason and then flip the lever to resume at the previously set speed the cruise control justs sets the speed that I was happening to go when I tried to resume. No big deal. I just get back to the speed I wanted and set the control as if nothing had happened. I was just wondering if this was an easy (as in cheap) repair or if I should just get used to it. It is a 2009 Camry automatic.
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: No, I'm not sure where it is. I don't recall the engine size right now but it is probably a 4 cylinder.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If it's easy. Nothing so far.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of right now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 month ago.

Do you recall the speed at which you set the cruise control at? Then when you decelerated or had to make a quick stop or slow down do you remember the speed at which you were at when you hit the resume to go back to the set speed?

Has there been any warning lights on such as an ABS light traction control light or check engine light lately?