Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I work in a used car dealership and i work on the toyota

Customer Question

hello i work in a used car dealership and i work on the toyota camry and prius they buy with bad hybrid batteries. ive had problems with 2 toyota camrys. i swap out the bad cells i clean the copper termials and connect everything back up but after a few miles of running it, the check hybrid system pops back up... any suggestions as to where else i should look?
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: yes ive changed about 8 cars in total aready. i measure it with the volt meter and they are in fine voltage 8.7ish each
JA: What year is your Prius?
Customer: 2007 the one im dealing with is the camry
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yeah fixing in my shop replaced the battery cells
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: as far as i know that about it
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 months ago.

Do you have a specific malfunction codes that would be set in the computer? Do you have the sub information codes that go along with them? Does your scan tool give you the ability to check live data of the HV battery ECU?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
to all of the above. I have a scanner. What info do you need me to provide you?

I need all of the malfunction codes that would be set in the engine control computer the HV computer the HV battery computer also any code that has a sub information code I need that data list of the sub information code. Then if you can give me a data list printout of the HV battery computer live data list which would show the 14 voltage block voltages.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will do I'll show it to you shortly.

OK