Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

CHECK ENGIN AND VSC TRAC LIGHT OFF HOW TO FIX IT? TOYOTA

Customer Question

CHECK ENGIN AND VSC TRAC LIGHT OFF HOW TO FIX IT ? TOYOTA SIENNA 2005 LE
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

These lights are most likely related indicating a fault code has set in the engine computer.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done the code(s) set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.

Since there is a very large number of different codes and faults that can occur it is difficult to say for sure from here on what needs repaired without knowing the code set.Most shops or a dealer can read out the codes and diagnose and repair this issue here.In some cases a local parts store like Auto Zone will read out fault codes at no charge but usually will not be able to diagnose the fault.If you can get the codes and post the code info here I can see if I can look them up for you to give you an idea of what is at fault but in most cases it will need diagnosed properly with the correct test equipment after the codes are read out.

If the engine and transmission are operating correctly it may be something minor but if there is an issue with the way it runs or drives the codes need read out soon to prevent any further damage or issues.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete