scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

While driving, the key detected in vehicle message appears,

Customer Question

While driving, the key detected in vehicle message appears, together with a flashing yellow triangle and loud beeping. This happens intermittently when I hit a bump. Replacing the key batteries didn't help.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: You mean the 12-volt battery under the hood?
JA: What is the model of your '12 Toyota?
Customer: I have a 2011 Prius 4 standard model.
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've taken it to the dealer. They say they've never seen this, and want me to pay $100+ for a general diagnostic. The only other thing I've done is to go online, as I'm doing now.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything else.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I start by asking some questions so I can better understand the problem?

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance with this? If I have answered your question please be so kind as to accept my answer and rate the level of service provided. If you have any follow up questions I'd be more than happy to help. Thank you for using Just Answer

Expert:  scionking replied 6 months ago.