Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Rough running at lower rpms, or load, but is fine if you go

Customer Question

Rough running at lower rpms, or load, but is fine if you go ahead and throttle it harder
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2004 sequoia
JA: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just checked the plugs so far, they are fine. was going to check the Idle sensor next and try cleaning it. yes, thinking off fixing it myself if I can get some good info
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: the vsc/trac lights came on a while ago, but it didn't start the rough idle, stumble till recently. I have ran some injector cleaner thru it, but not a full tank of fuel yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do have a check engine light on, but the diagnostic didn't show any error code except where I checked the firing on the plugs
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 months ago.

Do you have the specific code numbers from the computer causing the check engine light come on?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I don't have a code reader yet. May pick one up on the ride home. I just drove the vehicle 2 hours, and it isn't really noticeable unless you let the rpms drop lower. but idle and low rpm/load it is stumbling

In order to give you a professional reply I really need to know what the code numbers are that are in the computer causing the check engine light to come on let me know as soon as you have that information and post it back here and I can give you a better answer.

Creader made by Launch is a code reader or in most states except California and Virginia they do free malfunction code reads at AutoZone and similar auto parts stores.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I will try that.

OK