Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My van will not go into drive once it has been sitting over

Customer Question

my van will not go into drive once it has been sitting over night. It does drive after I go revve it up several times a short distance like 100 ft, then drives like it has no problem. reverse doe work
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Toyota Sienna LE 2006, Front wheel drive
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: It is in good condition.
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My cousin fixes my van. I keep up with regular maint. I just had a transmission change, bearings change on left side and rack and pinion arms changed out on left and right side.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: None things else at this time.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

If there is no slip or delay when using reverse the first time of the day. Then this rules out this concern being relayed to the transaxle pressure. This can be hard seals in the clutch used for 1st gear or a sticking valve within the valve body. Do you have the ability to do transaxle diag and repairs?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris