Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Fuel pump issues, its orginal, 1998 with 225k on it, 4

Customer Question

fuel pump issues
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: its orginal
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 1998 with 225k on it
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 4 runner
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes I am .. i washed it one day parked it back n went to start it a few days later it wouldn't start .. put gas in the carb n it cranked just fine
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If it started right up when you put gas in the throttle body but will not stay running or start on its own most likely this is a fuel pump fault here or an issue with a restricted fuel filter as these are common.I would have the fuel pump tested to see if it is faulty needing replaced.If the fuel filter was not replaced in the last year or 15,000 miles this should be replaced and see if it resolves the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete