Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My toyota sienna won't start. I just pulled in the driveway

Customer Question

My toyota sienna won't start. I just pulled in the driveway an hour ago and had driven it several times today, now nothing happens when i turn the key. when i put it in it dings, and lights are all working, so it doesn't seem like it's the battery
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: It is in Park, i'm not sure what wheel lock is
JA: What year is your Sienna?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet, I don't really know anything about cars but thought i would look around in case there's something easy i'm just missing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just got an oil change at the dealership on thursday
Category: Toyota
Expert:  david craig replied 6 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. while sitting in the vehicle, turn the key to the on position(not start), if you listen closely tyou should be able to hear the fuel pump motor run for a few seconds. if you dont think you hear it , if someone else is with you, have them put there ear on the fuel door while you turn the key to the on position.

any update?

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 6 months ago.

hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. does the engine crank over? If it does dose it crank faster then normal ? or when you try to turn it over you hear a faint click where the starter is?