Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, 32 years, diagnostic/repair / electrical specialist
13677702

I by accident drained the oil from the transmission of the

Customer Question

hey so i by accident drained the oil from the transmission of the toyota sienna 2011, and i have no idea how to get it back in
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: for the transmission? never, like the previous discussion stated "the transmission lasts for the entire life of the car", but i was attempting to do an engine oil change, and messed up
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. I made the mistake of draining the transmission and i cannot find the dipstick to fill it back up
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: help
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall C replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I have attached a file, You have a little reading to do. Its not a dipstick as once was like you know, You now need a hand pump to refill, Most all parts stores sell a hand pump to put fluid back in, To check level is a bit different and explained in this file, I also included link showing an example of the hand pump, A parts store can help decide what type you need. Also, you need to use Toyota fluid. There are alternatives but I cant say which is better or worse as Toyota fluid is the required, You can search Toyota trans fluids and decide on that. I know Valvoline Maxx Life is a good one. I cant call right now and a call is hard as I have to send written info