Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a Sonata and the airbag warning light came on, The

Customer Question

I have a Sonata and the airbag warning light came on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The warning light that looks like an airbag a chest or stomach level
JA: What year is your Sonata?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm taking to a mechanic I've known for years Eric's wrench that specializes in Toyota and Lexus. He's kept my 97 Lexus running
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

This warning lights means the restraint control module has detected a issue. There is now a code stored. This code which is retrieved with a scan tool will tell you where to begin diagnostics so the correct repair is made. Without this code no repairs should even be attempted. While this warning light is on none of the air bags nor the seat belt pretensioners will work.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris