virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

My Toyota Sequoia 2003 begins to show VSC OFF. I dont know

Customer Question

my Toyota Sequoia 2003 begins to show VSC OFF. I dont know what it means
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has the car been handling lately?
Customer: 290,000miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I saw the light last weekend
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The right arm begins to make a noise as I drive since the VSC lights came on
Category: Toyota
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So vsc means vehicle stability control. It will come on if you turn it off or if there is a problem in the system. Esp in the abs. It's what helps keep the vehicle from spinning around if you loose traction.
The button for it should either say vsc or show a vehicle with squiggly lines behind it like its fish tailing.
If you didn't turn it off then you will need to get all systems checked for codes. Abs, transmission, engine and so forth.As far as the noise you hear- what do you mean by the right arm?I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.