Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

C1201 2010 sienna along with trac lights and a lot of

Customer Question

c1201 2010 sienna along with trac lights and a lot of emissions codes all came on at once
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

The C1201 isn't a "trouble code" so to speak. This code is saying that the VCS/Trac systems have been shut off because the Check Engine Light is on. This is a self-preservation mechanism, in case the reason the Check Engine Light is on can harm or effect these systems. So, correctly repair the reason the Check Engine Light is on, and this code will clear itself and the VSC/Trac lights will go off and the system will be active. If you need help with the other emissions codes you got... feel free to reply back with them. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
p24198 p2402 p2401 p0456 p043e po43f all these at once whats the common denominator
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
did this get through
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

I got it. Give me a sec... looking into the codes...

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Ok. Looks like all these codes are pointing to the Canister Pump Module (aka "Leak Detection Pump"). The P0456 is "EVAP System Small leak detected". So, my advice here would be to carefully inspect the vacuum lines to/from the Canister for any cracks, holes or disconnections. Inspect the electrical connectors for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the Pump Module should solve the problem. The module is mounted to the side of the Canister, located under the vehicle.

If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how does that affect trac lights and why all these at once on a cold start
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Because the Check Engine Light is on, the Trac/Vsc lights are also set- turning these systems off. This is a self-preservation mechanism, in case the reason the Check Engine Light is on can harm or effect these systems. So, correctly repair the reason the Check Engine Light is on, and this code will clear itself and the VSC/Trac lights will go off and the system will be active. This problem with the pump module will in no way affect Vsc/Trac or Engine performance. But... this is the way Toyota sets it up.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this ecm will turn on 6 evap codes at once for a one time fail of the pump?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

That's correct. As a matter of fact, when you look up one code, the rest come up with it:

2GR-FE ENGINE CONTROL SYSTEM: SFI SYSTEM: P043E,P043F,P2401,P2402,P2419

The P0456 is a "small leak" code which more than likely means the unit is leaking internally or there's a vac line with a hole or crack.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hi Jeff! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did replacing the pump module solve the problem? Was there any other info I could provide to better assist? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

..