Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I have been informed the centre console cooler box fan in my

Customer Question

I have been informed the centre console cooler box fan in my Prado Grande needs replacing and the fans need to be sourced from Japan. The replacement then becomes expensive.
My question is, how difficult would it be to remove the fan myself and either have it repaired or track down an after market replacement.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

Not difficult at all, it calls for 1.1 hr labor .

so you defnetly can do It, just take picture before removal to help with install

If it going to cost that a lot for OEM one then I dont see why you cant take it out and install an after market replacement in case you could not source one locally?

Try Ebay website if need be, in case you cant find one locally ,some one always list one for sale , if not today check daily ,you will be surprised what you find .

Please let me know if that work for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat