Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2007 Toyota CAmry. I noticed a quarter size oil

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Toyota CAmry. I noticed a quarter size oil stain on my driveway. I checked my oil level and it was between the two levels on the dip stick. The oil was a clear amber color. I drove it around the block for about 5 minutes and checked every 10 minutes to see if there was a leak. I did not notice any leak until 60 minutes later. Again a small coin size leak. When I opened the hoop, everything looked clean and no sign of oil
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. When did you last have an oil change? Have you had the vehicle checked on a lift so someone can look under the vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had to oil changed recently. I change it religiously every 5,000 miles. I have about 2,500 miles before next checks. I wanted to have some idea of the things it could be and the prices for those things.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This winter I have some cracked gaskets and they were replaced.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have not taken it in yet. Going to take it in tomorrow. I just want to be armed with as much information as possible, so I can sleep tonight and that I make the right decisions.
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 2 months ago.

Without some sort of visual inspection, there is no way to tell you what could be leaking. I could list many possibilities, yet still miss the mark. I'm sorry, but I don't do guesswork, but work on facts alone. I will opt out of the question. If you could give me more details as to where this could be coming from I might could give you some information, but with nothing to go on, its all guesswork.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the funny thing is that it is so small, I cannot see the leak happening. It is, of course, in the front of the car, towards the right side.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I guess that if it is bad, i assuming the worst would be over $1,000, is it worth fixing. It has 90,000 miles. New brakes, catalytic converter, tires, and spark plugs. I really cannot afford a new car. And want to make a rational decision
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 2 months ago.

I would much rather advise you about the repair after it has been inspected. That way, I have some facts to go on to advise you about the repair, expected costs, and any other problems that can come along with the specific issue with your vehicle. I would be more than happy to advise you on that basis.