Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I can't open my door at all. I can't find my remote to open

Customer Question

I can't open my door at all. I can't find my remote to open the door either
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Toyota Highlander 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i he tried to open the doors with my key, but that hasn't worked
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No the key is not strip or worn, but for some reason i can't use it to open the doors
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Probably prefer that if a mechanic were to work on this, i should be able to use my key all the time to open the doors
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** hear to help you with your issue. these Toyota doors are very hard to get into , they make them theft resistant, I know that's not what you want to hear right now but it makes things more secure .So no fob, and key will not open any door? does it open the tailgate as some keys are valley keys that just open the doors. if you don't have any extra keys to try then I would suggest calling the automobile club. not being smart it's just that they have a special tool to jimmy the door open enough to get a rod specially designed to open the door without damaging the weather strips and marking up the paint. Unfortunately the days of opening cars with coat hangers is over. unless sometimes you can but in doing so damaging the paint and weather strips. after this I would suggest carrying an extra key in your wallet , your not the first or will be the last to have this problem, myself included .hope this makes your decision easier. If you need any further assistance I will be happy to do so.good luck.

If you need any other help

just checking in on how you made out? please rate my answer.

If your happy with my answers please rate and close the chat , if not may I help you further?