Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

I have a 2015 Toyota Tacoma with 9000 miles. 2 questions the

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Toyota Tacoma with 9000 miles. 2 questions the check engine came on along with Track loc light? What's that mean? Truck seems to perform no differently.
Also the A/C doesn't cool very fast or isn't very cold compared to our 2014 Highlander and 2007 Camry
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** thank you for allowing me to help you. I f your engine light comes on that means you have trouble codes stored in the computer that need to be read and addressed. depending on the codes that will disable trac and vsc and those lights will come on. This isto protect those systems while the ECU detects problems.So in a nut shell when the problems are fixed and codes cleared those lights will go out as well. As for your A/C not blowing cold enough put a thermometer right at the center vent and run for awhile and check it's reading then get back to me with the reading. make sure the recycle fresh control button is on recirculate for max cooling, sometimes people forget that. it's like leaving the fridge door open as it were. If you need any more info let me know. Hope this clarify' s a few things for you. all the best.