cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

No interior lights, stereo, dash lights, locked in park.

Customer Question

no interior lights, stereo, dash lights, locked in park. Looking for a master fuse or ? car starts and headlights come on but thats it
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: just checking them now. The break light fuse is good and assumed the others would be too but I am now checking them all. I initially thought I only had a locked in park issue and obviously it must be more
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: it is a 2001 corolla
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: as it is stuck nose into my carport and locked in park I was hoping it was a simple issue I could fix myself such as the fuse
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It was sitting for a few months and I discovered it had a dead battery so I just replaced it with a new one. When I started it up and it started right away without issue. I found it would not come out of park. A friend who was helping hooked up a jumper battery backwards initially while I turned the key and that was an opps.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 10 months ago.

This can be a catastrophic oops, sometimes frying the computer especially on Toyota's because the computer has no protection against reversing battery cables during a jump start. I know this is bad news please don't shoot the messenger. Check all fuses first if the fuses popped quick enough the computer may be OK. Please Accept and Rate my answer, If you have any further questions ,I will continue to answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you I will go check all the fuses. I was hoping there might be a master fuse like a circuit breaker somewhere.

No Such luck on a Toyota, Please Accept and Rate my answer, If you have any further questions ,I will continue to answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.