Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Now I'm a little confused,. Did you not see my description

Customer Question

Now I'm a little confused, Chris. Did you not see my description of the problem with my cruise control. I should add that this car and it's engine have always been well cared for and the mileage is just shy of 125,000/
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: The engine is the four cylinder and with auto transmission. I tried looking for the location of the fuse for the cc but could not find it anywhere.
JA: What year is your CC?
Customer: The car is a 1993 and this is the factory installation located right next to the battery with a plastic cover over it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was hoping to fix it myself if it was simple. Believing it would have to be either electrical or vacuum related. But the two vacuum hoses running to the rear seem to be fine; no cracking. But I was wondering if the hoses should have hose clamps on the ends that go over the barbs. Mine have none. Or could it be the Toyota plug?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I thought at first it might be related to the heat. It's been pretty hot here lately; in the nineties but I haven't been able to check to see if the problem resolved itself in cooler weather. So no, I can't think of anything else.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below as well as the cruise control wiring for testing purpose on your Camry. Have a look and see if this will help you determine why its not working.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cruise%20control%20Aug%2012.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cruise%20control%20wiring%20Aug%2012.pdf