Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I recently bought a 2005 camry and drove it from Woodward OK

Customer Question

I recently bought a 2005 camry and drove it from Woodward OK to Texas and found that between 65 and 80 mph it has a rhythmic vibration. It is like a waltz. 1,2,3 break 1,2,3 and so on. New tires (balanced and rotated twice). Two new drive axles and a thousand dollars later and the car still waltzes. ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have seen in allot of cases myself in the past before where the engine harmonic balancer can start to come apart internally and cause this issue here needing replaced.If this has not been checked to see if this is the cause here this needs done.I would also have the exhaust checked for any damaged or defective components needing replaced to correct this as well here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If it was the harmonic balancer wouldn't it be making noise at all speeds not just between 65 and 80? I will check the exhaust.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

I have seen the balancer make noises at certain engine rpm's so it is possible where it can be coming apart with no or little noise at all.It is more of a vibration or rhythmic noise you would hear when it starts to come apart.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete