Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have tayota pruis 2004.Last month was started work

Customer Question

HELLO Dave !I have tayota pruis 2004.Last month was started work emergency red ligth .I go to tayota service .They take 900 S for how they say that must clean all my cooling system becouse it was cooliing was some place plug. they was done .Now again red emergency ligth work and cooling pump dont work now . but as follow tayota recall that recall if doesnt work. tayota service just take my money without real problem in car . what you thing about it? thank you elena
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: P A093
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Toyota Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO. i COME TO TAYOTA SERVICE NOW THEY SAY I MUST FIX THIS CAR FOR LIKE 9000 DOLLARS . I HAVE ONLY100 MIL IN THIS TAYOTA . DRIVING WELL. WHEN I COME TO NONE TAYOTA SERVICE AND WAS TAYOTA SIMPLE SERVICE THE MECHANIC I BELIAVE HE IS HONEST GUY HE CHECK MY CAR AND SAY TO ***** TAYOTA SERVICE BECAUSE THEY THS PART WATER PUMP FOR TAYOTA 2004 MUST BE RECALL,BUT WHEN I GO TO TAYOTA SERVICE THEY I BELIAVE THAT I JUST BUY NEW TAYOTA AND SEE UI AM WOMEN AND HAVE SOME ACCENT THAT STARTED PUSH ME TO BUY NEW TAYOTA BUT I STARTED TO INVESTIGATE IN COMPUTER WHAT CAN BE RIGTH ABOUT MY PROBLEMS WITH MY CAR AND I WANT KEEP THIS TAYOTA MAIBE MORE 2 YEARS BEFOBE MY DAUCHTER FINISH HER COLLEGE !
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: BECAUSE TAYOTA SERVIVE TAKE 900 S BUT STILL NONE FIX ORIGINAL PROBLEMS - BECAUSE EVEN WHEN I JUST TAKE CAR FROM THEM STILL RADIATOR NONE HAVE COOLANT- IT WAS AS WAS BEFORE .THEY JUST ADD COOLANT TO RECERVIAR WITH UPPER PART NEar engine ! it rigth that tayota service refused to change RECALLEDE PART ?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. If the "inverter coolant pump" is not working, you run a very high risk of damaging the inverter unit. The inverter is what causes the engine to run and charge the main battery. Replacement of the inverter is 3,000 dollars. The inverter coolant is separate form the engine coolant, however. If the radiator is losing coolant, you have either a leak or a faulty cylinder head gasket. Further diagnosis would eb needed to determine this; we cannot figure this out without a hands-on pressure test. In any case, either coolant level being low can and will damage the inverter or the engine. I would not drive this car until you get the cause of the coolant loos/coolant pump issue resolved. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. If you want a live phone call, I will be happy to discuss the issue in person. Please advise.