2003 Toyota Truck Sienna V6-3.0L (1MZ-FE)
Install the timing belt in this order: 1st: Crankshaft timing pulley 2nd: Water pump pulley 3rd: LH camshaft timing pulley 4th: NO. 2 idler pulley 5th: RH camshaft timing pulley 6th: NO. 1 idler pulley CAUTION: Incorrect removal or installation of the timing belt can result in damage to internal engine components. For complete Timing Belt Removal and Installation information, please refer to Timing Belt; Service and Repair. See: Timing Belt > Procedures
REMOVAL 1. REMOVE OUTER FR COWL
TOP PANEL ASSEMBLY 2. REMOVE RH FRONT WHEEL 3. REMOVE RH FENDER APRON SEAL 4. REMOVE GENERATOR DRIVE BELT
5. REMOVE PS PUMP DRIVE BELT Loosen the 2 bolts, and remove the drive belt. 6. DISCONNECT ENGINE COOLANT RESERVOIR HOSE FROM WATER OUTLET 7. DISCONNECT GROUND STRAP CONNECTORS 8. DISCONNECT DLC1 FROM NO. 2 RH ENGINE MOUNTING BRACKET 9. REMOVE RH ENGINE MOUNTING STAY, ENGINE MOVING CONTROL ROD AND NO. 2 RH ENGINE MOUNTING BRACKET
10. REMOVE NO. 2 GENERATOR BRACKET a. Loosen the generator pivot bolt. b. Remove the nut and bracket. 11. REMOVE CRANKSHAFT PULLEY
a. Using SST, remove the pulley bolt. SST 09213-54015 (91651-60855), 09330-00021
b. Using SST, remove the pulley. SST 09950-50013 (09951-05010, 09952-05010, 09953-05010, 09953-05020, 09954-05021)
12. REMOVE NO. 1 TIMING BELT COVER Remove the 4 bolts and timing belt cover. 13. REMOVE TIMING BELT GUIDE
14. REMOVE NO. 2 TIMING BELT COVER a. Disconnect the engine wire protector clamps from the NO. 2 timing belt cover. b. Remove the 5 bolts and timing belt cover.
15. REMOVE RH ENGINE MOUNTING BRACKET Remove the 2 bolts, nut and mounting bracket. 16. SET NO. 1 CYLINDER TO TDC/COMPRESSION a. Temporarily install the crankshaft pulley bolt to the crankshaft.
b. Turn the crankshaft, and align the timing marks of the crankshaft timing pulley and oil pump body. NOTICE: Always turn the crankshaft clockwise.
c. Check that timing marks of the camshaft timing pulleys and NO. 3 timing belt cover are aligned. If not, turn the crankshaft 1 revolution (360°). d. Remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
17. IF REUSING TIMING BELT, CHECK INSTALLATION MARKS ON TIMING BELT Check that there are 3 installation marks and front mark on the timing belt. If the installation and front marks have disappeared, before removing the timing belt, place 3 new installation marks on the timing belt to match the timing marks of the timing pulleys, and place a new front mark on the timing belt.
18. REMOVE TIMING BELT TENSIONER Alternately loosen the 2 bolts, and remove them, the tensioner and dust boot. 19. REMOVE TIMING BELT 20. REMOVE CAMSHAFT TIMING PULLEYS
a. Using SST, remove the bolt and RH timing pulley. SST 09249-63010, 09960-10010 (09962-01000, 09963-01000)
b. Using SST, remove the LH timing pulley. SST 09960-10010 (09962-01000, 09963-01000) HINT: Arrange the camshaft timing pulleys (RH and LH sides).
21. REMOVE NO. 2 IDLER PULLEY Remove the bolt and idler pulley.
22. REMOVE NO. 1 IDLER PULLEY Using a 10 mm hexagon wrench, remove the bolt, idler pulley and plate washer. 23. REMOVE CRANKSHAFT TIMING PULLEY a. Remove the bolt and timing belt plate.
b. Using SST, remove the crankshaft timing pulley. SST 09950-50013 (09951-05010, 09952-05010, 09953-05010, 09953-05020, 09954-05011) NOTICE: Do not scratch the sensor part of the crankshaft timing pulley.