Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

TRYING TO LOCATE THE TIRE PRESSURE RESET SWITCH, COLD AND

Customer Question

TRYING TO LOCATE THE TIRE PRESSURE RESET SWITCH
JA: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?
Customer: COLD AND YES
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2005 TOYOTA SEQUOIA
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES I'M HOPING TO FIX THIS MYSELF IF THIS IS SIMPLE TO DO
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: NO ONLY THAT THE TIRE INFLATION LIGHT CONTINUES TO BLINK WHEN THE ENGING IS ON
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 4 months ago.

Did you check the air pressure in the spare tire and do you have a code reader that will access the TPMS computer?

I'm not sure if you got my reply or not but it's critical that you check the air pressure in the spare tire. Typically whenever the tire pressure warning light flashes for a minute or two then stayed on or continues to flash this means there is a malfunction in the tire pressure warning system. It could be anything from a sensor not reading at all or a system registration problem. You can try the tire pressure standardization switch reset the button it is located on the left side of the instrument panel along the lower portion of the dashboard slightly to the right of the steering column. Push and hold the button until TPMS light flashes then release it if it does not reset and the system continues to flash there is a malfunction in the tire pressure warning system. Usually this means a bad tire pressure warning sensor. Let me know if you need any other information otherwise please do not forget to rate the assistance I provided to you at three or higher.