Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

We took the pads off and now we are having problems putting

Customer Question

we took the pads off and now we are having problems putting them back on
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: '2009 toyota corolla
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yeah
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: how to put it back on properly
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

BRAKE (FRONT): FRONT BRAKE: INSTALLATION INSTALLATION 1. INSTALL FRONT DISC

Zoom and Print Options

(a)Align the matchmarks of the disc and axle hub, and install the disc.

NOTE: When replacing the disc with a new one, select the installation position where the front disc has the minimal runout.

2. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER MOUNTING

Zoom and Print Options

(a)Install the disc brake cylinder mounting to the steering knuckle with the 2 bolts.
Torque: 107 Nm (1089 kgf-cm, 79 ft-lbf)
3. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE BUSHING DUST BOOT

Zoom and Print Options

(a)Apply lithium soap base glycol grease to 2 new front disc brake bushing dust boots. (b)Install the 2 front disc brake bushing dust boots to the disc brake cylinder mounting. 4. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER SLIDE BUSHING

(a)Apply lithium soap base glycol grease to a new front disc brake cylinder slide bushing. (b)Install the front disc brake cylinder slide bushing to the No. 2 front disc brake cylinder slide pin. 5. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE CYLINDER SLIDE PIN

(a)Apply lithium soap base glycol grease to the No. 1 front disc brake cylinder slide pin and No. 2 front disc brake cylinder slide pin.

(b)Install the No. 1 front disc brake cylinder slide pin and No. 2 front disc brake cylinder slide pin to the cylinder mounting.
6. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD SUPPORT PLATE

(a)Install the 2 No. 1 front disc brake pad support plates and 2 No. 2 front disc brake pad support plates to the front disc brake cylinder mounting. NOTE: Be sure to install each front disc brake pad support plate in the correct position and direction. 7. INSTALL FRONT ANTI-SQUEAL SHIM

(a)Apply disc brake grease to both sides of each No. 1 anti-squeal shim. NOTICE: - When replacing worn pads, the anti-squeal shims must be replaced together with the pads. - Install the shims in the correct positions and directions. - Apply disc brake grease to the area that contacts the anti-squeal shims. - Disc brake grease can seep out slightly from the area where the anti-squeal shim is installed. - Make sure that disc brake grease is not applied onto the lining surface. (b)Install the 2 No. 1 anti-squeal shims and 2 No. 2 anti-squeal shims to each brake pad. 8. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE PAD

(a)Install the 2 disc brake pads to the disc brake cylinder mounting. NOTE: There should be no oil or grease on the friction surfaces of the disc brake pads or the front disc. 9. INSTALL DISC BRAKE CYLINDER ASSEMBLY

(a)Hold the front disc brake cylinder slide pin and install the disc brake cylinder assembly to the disc brake cylinder mounting with the 2 bolts. Torque: 34 Nm (347 kgf-cm, 25 ft-lbf) 10. CONNECT FRONT FLEXIBLE HOSE

(a)Connect the front flexible hose to the disc brake cylinder assembly with the union bolt and a new gasket. Torque: 29 Nm (296 kgf-cm, 21 ft-lbf) HINT: Install the flexible hose lock securely into the lock hole in the disc brake cylinder. 11. FILL RESERVOIR WITH BRAKE FLUID See: Brake Fluid > Removal and Replacement 12. BLEED BRAKE LINE See: Brake Fluid > Removal and Replacement 13. INSPECT FOR BRAKE FLUID LEAK 14. INSPECT FLUID LEVEL See: Brake Fluid > Component Tests and General Diagnostics > On-Vehicle Inspection 15. INSTALL FRONT WHEEL Torque: 103 Nm (1050 kgf-cm, 76 ft-lbf)

I M SENDING A PICTURE DIAGRAM TO HELP YOU INSTALL, I M UPLOADING THE PICTURES NOW AND YOU WILL SEE THEM SHORTLY

2

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back And Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have.

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Thank You

Chad Farhat