Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

When my husband was driving, he accellerated and seem to

Customer Question

when my husband was driving, he accellerated and seem to loss power and the rpm light came on then it went off. I have a highlander 2004 with about 174000 miles onthe engine.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about? Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ok, my husband is in the car now. He says that when he accellerated a red light near the rpm came on and he lost some power. Then suddenly nothing was wrong.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The spark plugs were no changed at 150000 and went we start the it makes a lound whinning noise.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is*****'d like to help you if I may, May I ask a couple questions to get a better picture. What vehicle is this model year etc mileage. Does it have a turbo ? Any codes