scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

I went through a car wash and my check hybrid system light

Customer Question

I went through a car wash and my check hybrid system light came on I have a 2010 Toyota Camry hybrid
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The check hybrid system light came on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet trying to see what this light involve
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 5 months ago.

Was this an automated car wash were you had to put your car in neutral and it pulled you through the car wash?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was

Try turning your car on and off several times. This could be due to low voltage, or it may be because the cars computer saw wheel movement while in neutral.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cut the car off and on like you suggested... Check hybrid system light is still on

Try driving the car a short distance ( 1 Mile) and then shut off and restart. If this does not resolve the issue a Dealer may have to clear the light, or you can try driving it longer and see if it clears on its own. It may take several drive cycles to clear on its own.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
With this check hybrid system light on could this cause any damage?

Based on events leading to the code I think not. However if the light does not clear on its own I would definitely have a dealer look at it to air on the side of caution in case there was an underling problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you

Please don't hesitate to ask any more follow up question you have regarding this issue. Thank you for using Just Answer

I would like to follow up with you, did the light go out? Are you still having problems?

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance with this? If I have answered your question please be so kind as to accept my answer and rate the level of service provided. If you have any follow up questions I'd be more than happy to help. Thank you for using Just Answer.