Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have a 1993 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder. My engine cooling fan

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder. My engine cooling fan will not come on. I have replaced the radiator, thermostat, engine coolant temp sensor, radiator thermo sensor, the wiring harness to the sensors and the fan won't come on. I can disconnect the thermo sensor and the a/c fan will come on.
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced all sensors and connecting wire harness, radiator, and thermostat
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the a/c coolant fan will come on when the thermo sensor wire is disconnected.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order to determine why the cooling fans are not coming on you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cooling%20%23%20fan%20Aug%203.pdf

See the wiring diagram for testing reference in this link as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cooling%20fan%20wiring%20Aug%203.pdf