Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 1992 camry with the 2.2 litre 4 cylinder. Suddenly

Customer Question

I have a 1992 camry with the 2.2 litre 4 cylinder. Suddenly the engine died. I have no spark. Replaced distributor,ignitor, knock sensor, intake air temp sensor, ECU. Still nothing. Timing belt is good. I have checked continuity all around and back to the ECU. No bad wires. I'm at a loss. Motor has only 100k miles. Low for it's age. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 2 months ago.

Hello, have you checked for any diagnostic codes? Any trouble codes? Is there voltage at the B+ terminal of the check connector? Does the check engine light turn on with the key on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Two codes. 12 and i think 22 if I remember right. Check engine light is on. Not sure what you mean by B+ terminal.

If you were able to get codes the B+ voltage is ok. code 12 is a loss of RPM signal, sorry for all these questions that may be something you've already done.

Is there 12 volts at the be plus side of the coil? Is there voltage to one wire on each injector? Voltage to the igniter?

Is it the 3SFe or the 5SFe engine?

hello, I have to be offline for about 4 hours, let me know if you still wish to continue, I'll check back with you later.