Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

While attempting to jump the battery on my wife's toyota

Customer Question

While attempting to jump the battery on my wife's toyota corrola 2013. my son arced the cables. No the car will start on a jump but there are several warning lights on and it won't shift from park, the radio, electronic windows, door locks, radio, AC fan etc won't work either. I disconnected the negative terminal and left it overnight to try and reset the memory and the problem persists?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please help
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Sorry to hear about this happening to your vehicle. You most definitely have some blown fuses. Do you have a voltmeter or test light so we can figure out exactly which ones?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm at work now will work on it this afternoon, I check the fuses under the hood and replaced one are there other fuse boxes or types of fuses?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a test light.
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 2 months ago.

These newer models have a fuse bus that has multiple fuses in it. I will put together some things to check and see if I can get you a picture of the fuse bus.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That sounds great.
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 2 months ago.

Ok, hers a diagram of the fuse box under the hood. The section marked unit A is the fuse bus. It has mulriuple fuses all housed into one part. I also found a picture of the fuse box. The tricky part is removal of that unit to inspect it carefully. The fuse box will need to be disassembled to accomplish this. That means the box will need to be unbolted, and the lower cover removed by releasing the clips around the edges. With that done, the bus bar can be completely unbolted and removed. I dont want you to think this is a simple task, as I have seen experienced technicians struggle getting these out. But, before we get to that point, there are a couple things to check. First, check the ETCS fuse and make sure it has power to it. Also, check to be sure your brake lights are working. Let me know what you find with these 2 things. I really think we will need to take out and replace the fuse bus,but we can make sure of some other things first.