scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

I have a 2016 Highlander, less than 2 weeks old. I can no

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Highlander, less than 2 weeks old. I can no longer use my electronic key or the button on the rear door to open or close it. I have to pull it closed or pull it open manually. And, I cannot fully close it this way. The "door unlocked" sign is illuminated on the dash. I
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 7 months ago.

You are talking about the main door in the rear correct. Please open just the glass portion and confirm that there is nothing keeping the glass open. If the glass portion is open at all I believe it will prevent the main door from opening. Also has the battery been disconnected at all or has the battery died recently(car battery, not key battery)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That did it -- problem solved! I've had my Highlander just 10 days and have never opened the glass portion of the rear door, but opening and closing it solved my issue.

I'm glad I was able to assist with the issue. Hopefully you found Just Answer to be a positive experience. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Please accept my answer and rate the level of service I have provided you with today. Thank you for using Just Answer.

I would like to follow up with you about this issue, I see you have not accepted my answer and left it open, do you still require assistance with this issue? If not kindly close out the conversation and accept my answer, don't forget to rate the level of service provided, thank you.

I see you still have not accepted my answer? You acknowledged my answer was correct and the problem was resolved. I do not receive credit for my efforts if you don't accept and rate my answer.

Please accept my answer if it has helped, if you need further assistance please post follow up questions so I can assist further. If you accept my answer please rate the level of service provided today.