Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

The headlights on my 2008 Prius are acting up. Sometimes

Customer Question

The headlights on my 2008 Prius are acting up. Sometimes while driving I can see them flickering. Last night they wenter off by themselves as though both bulbs burnt out, which they didnt. I tried cycling the headlight control off and on a few times to no avail. Since the driving lights and parking lights were on I continued driving. Later at a stop light I tried pushing the power button to turn off the car and try restarting. This made the lights come back on. Any ideas what's going on?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.

.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbv5t6phu5kgk16/HID%20HEADLAMPS%20FLICKER.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jerry,

Can't open the link. Is there another way to send it?

I do not have access to your email address,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Where do I find this additional service?

Please allow me to send it again. There should be an option on that end where you can accept it, thanks

Can you see it now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

No sir. Where should it be?

As far as I know it should pop up on the screen. Let me see if I can put it in a dropbox file, thanks

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern

.

.

.

Did you get that??