Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

A/C problem

Customer Question

A/C problem
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 10 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** I help you, what was the original problem with the a/c? and did it work before the part replacement? any codes before the job ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Worked great, evaporator was leaking.

ok multiple codes and reset right away after clearing them means it's a hard code situation. give me time to investigate and get back to you

OK THESE CODES ARE ALL RELATED TO THE a/c CONTROLS AND GIVEN IT WORKED BEFORE THE JOB AND NO CODES AND NOW IT DON'T WITH THESE CODES AND THEY RETURN EVEN AFTER ECU RESET TELLS ME IT'S A HARD CODE WHICH MEANS SOMETHING IS DAMAGED OR NOT CONNECTED PROPERLY. SORRY TO SAY YOU WILL HAVE TO OPEN IT UP SO YOU CAN CHECK ALL THE CONNECTIONS AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL CONNECTED AND PROPER. HOPE THIS HELPS.DID YOU DO THE JOB YOURSELF OR A REPAIR SHOP?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm afraid that's not much help. I was hoping for a reason or idea as to why I get 8 hard codes immediately after a reset. I suspect the a/c controller is defective but I would like to verify it. Do you know if one of the sensors might set 8 codes?

The controller won't set off those codes, and they were not there before the job was done and now they are. what usually sets off a hard code is an open or short circuit that the ECU detects immediately. this is why I suspect a connector was left unplugged or loose , the connectors at the a/c box have many wires going through them . If one connector is loose or not connected that would set that many off.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There are 3 connectors on the a/c computer and they are connected.

well if your positive all connectors are connected it's hard for me to check further so I'll pass on to another tech and hope you find what your looking for.Good luck