Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 92 toyota truck 3.0 with engine codes 14 and 52

Customer Question

I have a 92 toyota truck 3.0 with engine codes 14 and 52 what could it most likelt be
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: 14 and 52 and yes i reset it it came back right away
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 92 truck
JA: What year is your Toyota?
Customer: 92
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3.0
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it has a new ditruber cap plugs and wires
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Code 14 is a fault with IGF signal from igniter.This is a fault with the igniter itself or the wiring leading from the igniter to the ECU needing repaired or replaced.

Code 52 indicates a fault with the knock sensor or the engine ECU.In most cases it is the knock sensor needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete