Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

I was googling to find out what it means that my slip

Customer Question

hi- I was googling to find out what it means that my slip indicator light my 4wd and check engine light all just came on at once. It's been five all day. Never had this issue before. Any thoughts?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Steady
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2009. About a month ago Just had it in for check up. Said all was fine. Just redid all fluids filters etc.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I turned the car off and back on. It's so random they came on
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't know enough about what I don't know
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Toyota.

What 2009 model Toyota are we working on?

Have you had a chance to pull codes from the computers yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I find model and codes?

I apologize but I will have to opt out here.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 months ago.

Can you get to a nearby AutoZone or similar parts or were in most states except California they do free malfunction code reads and can give you the code numbers causing the check engine light to come on. Has the check engine light ever started to flash?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will do that first thing in the morning. This is the fist time it's ever come on. Thanks

let me know how goes in the morning I will touch base with you I usually have limited time on Sundays to get online but I'll get back to as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No problem. They open at 8am and I'll go then. Hopefully they will give me some resolution. Thanks. I'll be in touch if I need anything else.

you are welcome provided the check engine light is not flashing and there's no loss of power could be something as simple as the gasoline cap loose Or emissions related failure.

I forgot to mention the Slip indicator light and the other lights come on by default when the check engine light comes on.