Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 03 Toyota 4 runner has just started to drop rpms at idle

Customer Question

my 03 Toyota 4 runner has just started to drop rpms at idle from 900 to 400, now check engine light is coming on ? Help
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello Grant and thank you for your question,

The check engine light comes on when the computer system sees a systems fault and when this happens the computer will detect it and set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to begin to know what is causing this we need to start first with having the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. Most auto parts store such as Auto Zone will do this scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with them I will help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please tell me I spent $20.00 to be told to go to auto one????
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Any money you have placed in your account remains your money unless you rate the service. I am sorry you are not pleased but with out knowing the fault code thats setting when the check engine light comes on any thing I could post would be a guess and I do not want to guess. If you want to get the fault code I can give you an answer.