Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have a 1988 toyota pickup with a v6 3.0 and the fuel pump

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1988 toyota pickup with a v6 3.0 and the fuel pump is not getting power to it. Most likely one of the relays and am not familiar with Toyota's and checked your site for the location which I just found. Thank you
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 211000 and brand new battery
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: can't afford a mechanic and have tested wires from the fuel pump, replaced EFI relay but did not know about the other ones on the passenger side above the computer or under the passenger seat that need to be checked. So will check those first before anything else
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Besides the truck has been sitting for some years and I just recently bought it. New fuel pump, fuel pump bracket, fuel tank, fuel sending unit. All were rusted and most likely not going to work. That year did not have any fuses or relays under the hood on the passenger side did it?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 7 months ago.

I see you've been waiting a while for assistance, do you still need help with this? If so let me know and we can start some diagnostic procedures, I hope you have a voltmeter or at least a 12 volt test light or circuit tester.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for responding but I have figured it out. The connectors were corroded and I just needed to clean them up a bit.

Ok, very well, thanks for letting me know.