Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1995 Toyota Camry the car randomly kept stopping it would

Customer Question

1995 Toyota Camry the car randomly kept stopping it would start back if I let it sit for a little while
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 4 months ago.

Is this a four-cylinder or V-6 engine? Do you have any way to check for malfunction codes that may be set in the computer? Has there been any work done to the vehicle recently?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
4 cylinder

Do you have any way to check for malfunction codes that may be set in the computer? Has there been any work done to the vehicle recently?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Almost everything change distributor Ignitor fuel pump complete tune up

There ever been any codes set in the computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No malfunction code before it was code 12&13 no more since I replace the Ignitor

When you say you changed the distributor was it with a known good distributor that was new or remanufactured? When the vehicle quits running and then will not restart until it cools off have you checked to see if you have good solid ignition spark?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
New distributor

Did you also check to see if you getting injector pulse when it is in the no start condition? Are you a private owner or aftermarket repair facility? Did you have a fuel pressure gauge on it when it was in a no start condition and did it maintain 35 psi minimum?

I have to step away from my computer for a test drive let me know about these other items I will get back with you shortly.