Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have a 2003 tundra srv 4.7 4x4. The battery died, my dad

Customer Question

I have a 2003 tundra srv 4.7 4x4. The battery died, my dad boosted the battery now the truck starts but it won't drive higher than idle. Engine won't rev when pedal depressed. After the boost the alternator fuse under the hood blew. I'm guessing something else was fried. He's not very handy, I think he may have ycrossed the poles. Any thoughts on what I can't check or possible problems?Thanks
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: That I haven't check yet. I checked all the fuses under the hood and none are blown
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was hoping to fix it myself. I've only checked the fuses under the hood. I didn't know what else to check
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Everything else was working perfectly. Oh wait, I had a low voltage code for my o2 sensor
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for posting

In the fuse box under the hood is a fuse designated ETCS, put a new fuse in there and let me know if it fixed it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll try that. I have to wait till tomorrow. The truck is at my dads house. I did inspect them but none of the fuses looked blown

Sometimes the fuse may look ok but really is not, let me know and we'll go from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will do thanks!

have a good evening/