Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

I have a 1997 Rav4 (5 door, 2wd) We have (I believe) a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1997 Rav4 (5 door, 2wd) We have (I believe) a Toyota roof rack on it. (We got it from someone who's identical car had been wrecked.) One of the racks has become loose. Our house burned down last September, so any key we might have had is no longer. What do I need to do to tighten it?
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: The key no longer exists.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, I haven't tried anything, yet.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Um, it's an OLD rack, and we have no key. That's about sums it up.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If your needing the adjustment steps for the roof rack I have enclosed them in the link below. Have a look and see if this is what your needing. If not let me know and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, this didn't answer my question, nor did it help me any. As I stated in my question, I no longer have the key �� required to perform the steps you provided! (Perhaps a class in reading comprehension would be beneficial?)
My question was:
How do I go about procuring the necessary key?
Fortunately, I have gotten assistance elsewhere and the issue d has been resolved.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

If you have lost your Key then you are going to need to contact your dealer and they can get you another one. Im sorry for the confusion.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.